The entire procedure is not easy; it takes effort from every team member to work efficiently and deliver high-quality projects on time. Project managers and leaders put in a lot of time and effort to coordinate everything. Even a single misunderstanding or error may cause the entire team to suffer the results in quality and reversal times, not to mention the company’s image and culture. using Project Management Software and Tools may help you avoid these threats and inefficiencies while also ensuring that your project is completed on time and to the satisfaction of your clients.
What Is Project Management Software?
Project management software is a digital application that helps with task completion. This might entail reorganising your daily workflow, simplifying your task lists, integrating your communication platforms, organising your calendar and schedules, and giving you the reports and analytics you need to find out where your process needs to be enhanced. You’ve likely heard of Trello and Asana, but there are various options in project management software and tools that you may consider.
Why Do You Need a Project Management Tool?
Project Planning: You can easily make a plan for your projects by using historical data to create a better timeline and workflow.
Time Management: Keep track of how much time you spend on each project and plan around your team’s timetable.
Communication and Collaboration: Communicate with external stakeholders and collaborate with your team.
Documentation and File Management: You can easily maintain and manage all the documents, media, and other files.
Resource Allocation and Tracking: Ascertain that you and your team are working on the right things at the right time (and inform them if they are straying).
Budgeting: Keep track of how much time and money you spend on each project.
What to Look for in Project Management Software?
As you can see, project management software has several advantages for your business. However, you must ensure that the platform you select meets all of your requirements. So, what should you look for while considering your choices? Let’s look at some of the features and functions you could require:
Features and Functionality: Project management software helps in several ways, like planning and monitoring of projects, and also provides support for task and project timelines, as well as dependencies and deadlines for the project.
Task Management: Choose project management software that allows you to keep track of tasks and determine who is responsible for a given piece of work and when.
Communication Tools: Collaboration and communication will be easier with the appropriate tools. You should also look for a platform that integrates with your email marketing and messaging services.
Integrations: Integration with email and messaging tools has been highlighted before, but if you use any other marketing tools on a daily basis, you should look for software that integrates with them as much as possible into a single platform.
Ease of Use: The user interface should be simple, attractive, and easy to understand. Look for platforms that offer support and training, so you can be sure to acquire the most from the software.
Reporting: Another key factor to consider while selecting project management software is reporting. Your reports will show you where your process is working and where it isn’t, allowing you to get back on track and make improvements for the next project.
Best Project Management Software and Tools 2022
Asana keeps teams organised and connected in all aspects of their work, from the minute details to the large picture. The solution focuses on objectives, projects, and daily activities to assist teams to keep things moving in the correct direction by helping you plan and structure your workload, following tasks, tracking deadlines, and keeping teams aligned. Asana offers a free trial and monthly plans that range from $10.99 to $24.99 per month.
- Build and track your processes with visual workflow management.
- Collaboration and project management tools are used to keep track of your teams, resources, and deadlines.
- Agile management tools are used to keep track of launches and iterations, as well as sprint planning.
- Use digital kanban boards to keep track of progress and identify bottlenecks quickly.
Wrike, a Citrix brand, is scalable project management and collaboration software that lets you and your team plan, manage, and get visibility into all projects. It streamlines project planning and cooperation by reducing roadblocks and providing clarity for teams to help them achieve their objectives. Wrike offers a free basic account with three monthly subscription models: professional, business, and enterprise-all of which start at $9.80 per user per month. Wrike for Marketing, Creative, and Service Delivery Teams is also available, with all three price options offering a free trial.
- Collaborative work management to increase productivity and enhance team collaboration.
- Customized workflows that provide a clear picture of work progress, without manual emails
- Wrike’s Proof tool to streamline collaboration and visually share feedback and digital assets
- End-to-end project and task management
When evaluating project management tools, remember that many may offer features that differentiate them from competitors, including nice-to-have features. The key to finding the right one for your project is first identifying your project and business goals and then isolating the vendor and solution that can most closely meet your essential requirements over the nice-to-have features.
Liquid Planner is a project management tool for reacting to change and managing projects in the face of uncertainty. It focuses on project planning, outcome prediction, and performance improvement. Liquid Planner helps teams better manage their time and align their efforts with project goals. It has four different plans, i.e., a free one, an essential one, a professional one, and an ultimate one. Paid plans start at $15 per month and go up to $35 per month.
- Smart estimation helps teams manage uncertainty to mitigate risk
- Predictive schedule forecasting to estimate when work will be complete and continuously adapt to changes as they happen
- Balancing of workloads to avoid resource overloading and improve utilization across projects
- Intelligent insights
- Data-driven insights to improve team and project performance and better support decisions
Scoro is one of the most comprehensive company management software tools for professional and innovative services. Scoro is the appropriate project management tool for individuals who want to provide structure to their job.
- A single place for projects, clients, and teams.
- Be organized in every aspect of your business with a seamless workflow.
- Get a real-time overview and automated reports.
- Can be integrated with tools like DropBox, Mailchimp, Outlook, and more.
Producteev is a task management software for small and medium-sized businesses. The project manager can easily acquire all the projects, tasks, and collaborators that are conveniently accessible. You can quickly plan any project, chart your path, organise files, assign duties, and manage several parts by using this project management tool.
- Organize at your fingertips
- Powerful collaboration
- Seamless tracking
- Interface customization
- Personalized support
Tempus Resource by ProSymmetry
Tempus is a standalone strategic portfolio management tool, resource forecasting, and ability planning software that interfaces with other platforms to enhance resource management. It ensures resource optimization without the danger of resource overallocation, which is a problem that plagues most projects and portfolios. A 30-day free trial of Tempus is available.
- Resource portfolio management (RPM), a business capability, helps effectively utilize resources to deliver on business strategy
- What-If analysis helps quickly test hypothetical resource scenarios to visualize impacts on resources and your entire portfolio
- Scalable API built on flexible architecture for custom integrations
- Strategic portfolio management that supports the entire execution lifecycle
Hive’s project management and collaboration software bring all of a team’s needs together in one location. On a single page, the system allows you to track project status, give a Kanban-style status view, project progress Gantt charts, and anything else a project team requires.
- Plan and repeat tasks using action templates
- Provides a central platform for everything
- Move seamlessly between projects, messages, and files
- Access anywhere from a desktop or mobile apps
- 1000+ integrations
Trello is a well-known, configurable project management platform that employs boards, lists, and cards. The capabilities of this easy platform allow teams to swiftly create and adapt processes for practically any sort of project, from personal home duties to enterprise-level complicated projects. Trello has four levels, starting with a free plan and ending with an Enterprise plan that costs $17.50 per user/month on an annual basis.
- The ability to view board data from multiple angles.
- Open any card to uncover an ecosystem of checklists, due dates, conversations, and more.
- Built-in no-code automation that reduces tedious tasks.
- The ability to connect apps that your team already uses into your workflow.
Monday.com is a working operating system that provides you and your team with the confidence to run projects and workflows and operate all aspects of the project lifecycle from beginning to end with comfort. Monday.com has a variety of yearly and monthly payment plans, starting with a free basic membership. Paid options range from $11 per seat/month to an enterprise account with a yearly price subsidy.
- Automated workflows to help teams reduce errors and complete value-added work.
- Workflow management to identify over and under-utilized resources.
- Project collaboration tools to keep stakeholders always connected.
- End-to-end project and task management.
CoSchedule is a user-friendly marketing project management software designed to help marketers keep their work organised. It enhances company visibility by facilitating all project workflows into a single cross-functional calendar. With the potential to monitor all projects, tasks, deadlines, and delivery dates in one location, the possibilities of creating a website are now limitless.
- Complete more work by streamlining marketing workflows.
- View, manage and approve all projects and tasks in one place with Marketing Campaigns and Marketing Projects.
- Visualize project progress from start to finish more easily with Kanban Project Dashboard.
ClickUp is an eminent productivity tool that helps you organise your tasks, notes, projects, and time more effectively. The project management tool assists you in determining who is responsible for what and centralises all of your tasks, projects, and resources. To provide you with a better user experience, ClickUp pays special attention to views, features, and procedures.
- Customize the workflow with phases to hold the people on the same page.
- Add time estimations for automatic scheduling.
- Create spaces to organize work with customized features, workflows, and tags.
- Control what others can see and what they can do.
- Make plans and track your success.
Any company, especially those that work remotely, should invest in project management software. This program will let you organise and track all project processes in real-time, ensuring maximum output. Users may also connect and operate more efficiently without communication gaps or delays. Make sure you properly research the features and other technical components before making any decision.